SimSync.de and International Pro Modding are proud to annouce the release of
DRS & KERS for rFactor
rF_HighVoltage is a software which simulates DRS and KERS in rFactor. It supports the current Formula 1 (™) rules concerning DRS and KERS, but also supports the possibility to configure it following own rules.
There are already a few solutions on the market, which are developed around the in-game possibilities. But most of them are strugling when it comes to the point to prevent the user from activating KERS when the batteries are empty, or activating DRS when the car isn’t in the required distance to the competitor in front.
Changes/Improvements against last beta:
- Engine files with a complete boost mapping are not longer neccessary to get a working KERS.
- Several changes and improvements have been made to harden the program against cheating attempts.
- Renamed configuration section in rfm (refer to ADD2rfm.txt, which is included in the installer)
Those who have used one of the previous beta releases, will be informed that the configuration settings have been renamed. You can update the settings automatically to enable them with rF_HighVoltage 1.0.
- Due to the changes to the rfm, the new version will not be available thru the autoupdater until February, 5th 2012
- Enable/Disable DRS globally
- DRS disabled within the first 2 laps in a race session
- Up to 2 detection points
- Up to 4 activation zones
- Up to 2 block zones where the usage of DRS is permitted
- Free usage of DRS in practice, qualyfication and warm-up
- Usage of DRS only within the activation zones if the car was within 1 second to the competitor in front at the detection point
- Visually switch the rearwing when activating/deactivating DRS (Depending on the used mod)
- Enable/Disable KERS globally
- Control the strength of the KERS “effect”
- Control how long the much extra power is available per lap
- “Recharge” the battery when driving over the start/finish line
- When the battery is empty, KERS can’t be activated for the rest of the lap
- All performance relevant settings are configured using the RFM-file of the mod. That ensures that somebody who accidently modified settings in that file will get a mismatch error when joining a gameserver.
- Other settings (like key assignments) are store in a simple configuration file along with the program.
- Forces the drivers to use only original ISI software. Patched or cracked rFactor installations will not work with rF_HighVoltage!
rF_HighVoltage was developed together with Kikoni from International Pro Modding. Kikoni is one of guys behind the famous FSOne modification for rFactor.
While rF_HighVoltage has been tested with the FSOne, it isn’t limited to this specific modification. It’s quite easy to setup other mods to use rF_HighVoltage.