Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] AMS2

17 Posts
2 Users
3 Likes
(@zerodann)
Topic starter

Will Simsync support AMS2? We know there is no modding support but there are already very nice livery mods out there that would make simsync beneficial for AMS2 league use. 😀 

Posted : 08/12/2020 5:25 pm
Achim Ennenbach
(@achim)
SimSync PRO Developer Admin

Yes, of course. If there is content that can be synced then SimSync PRO will be able to do it.
But we need more information about that, of course. So if you can give me the information on how these liveries are "installed", post it here or send me a pm.

Posted : 08/12/2020 6:09 pm
(@zerodann)
Topic starter

Achim,

This directory is where we can change the menu car icons:

\steamapps\common\Automobilista 2\Pakfiles

Example: "GUIVEHICLEIMAGES.bff"

And this is the directory where we swap the livery packs:

\steamapps\common\Automobilista 2\Pakfiles\Vehicles

Example: "Formula_Reiza_Livery.bff"

That is about all we can do for now but in the end we have beautiful F1 liveries in AMS2 via simsync!

Thank you for any support you can provide!

This post was modified 3 years ago 6 times by zerodann

Posted : 08/12/2020 6:18 pm
Achim Ennenbach
(@achim)

Does this mean, that you have to overwrite original game content to get the new liveries in-game?

Posted : 09/12/2020 10:26 pm
(@zerodann)
Topic starter

@achim Yes. That is how it is done, Sir.

Posted : 09/12/2020 10:28 pm
Achim Ennenbach
(@achim)

Ah OK. I'll see what I can do about it.

Overwriting original game content is obviously not the preferred way of how to bring custom content in-game.

The problem is that I or better the sync, is not able to decide whether the files to overwrite are the original files or if they are already modified, because I would prefer to backup the original files before overwriting them. That way, the sync could restore the original files on request.

Another issue will be, that the sync will only be able to sync 1 series at a time, because every series overwrites the same files.

Posted : 09/12/2020 11:01 pm
(@zerodann)
Topic starter

It's really not too big of a problem because that is how we have always done it. As the league admin I've always saved backups of the original files and I resync at the end of a championship so everybody goes back to normal. 😉 

This post was modified 3 years ago by zerodann

Posted : 10/12/2020 12:02 am
(@zerodann)
Topic starter

Achim, you should also know we can update more than 1 series at a time very easily by uploading multiple modded files. For instance, we could modify several Formula series by changing the files in the photo as shown below. I don't see any issue and again this is how we have always done it.

Posted : 10/12/2020 10:36 pm
(@zerodann)
Topic starter

Looks like Reiza will be offering a new way for users to edit their liveries. Their beta, which will be released soon, allows ediing without changing the stock content.

We will be able to add a livery.dds and a car_preview.dds per car. Currently you have to edit an xml file with all entries to be changed per car as well. But for us its a great addition, as we can bundle packages in a folder.

I guess more to come!

Posted : 11/12/2020 5:48 pm
Achim Ennenbach
(@achim)

Sounds great!

I asked Renato Simioni on this topic too, but I have no answer yet.

Could you please create a screenshot of the games base folder and select the exe that is used to start the game (e.g. ams2.exe or automobilista2.exe). I also need to see the path to the exe.

Posted : 11/12/2020 10:22 pm
zerodann reacted
(@zerodann)
Topic starter

The base folder is the same as the path of the exe.

Path: \steamapps\common\Automobilista 2\AMS2.exe

[img] [/img]

Posted : 11/12/2020 10:28 pm
Achim Ennenbach
(@achim)

is there also a "dedicated server.exe"?

Posted : 11/12/2020 11:12 pm
(@zerodann)
Topic starter

The dedi is a separate install.

Install path: \steamapps\common\Automobilista 2 - Dedicated Server

exe: DedicatedServerCmd.exe

Posted : 11/12/2020 11:24 pm
(@zerodann)
Topic starter

Everything is working fine with the new livery method. And it does not override any stock game content. Also it works in the current public release of AMS2 v1.0.6.2

This is the path: steamapps\common\Automobilista 2\Vehicles\Textures\CustomLiveries\Overrides

Then we add custom folders and an edited xml file in the respective car model folder like this:

Can you make simsync work with these paranmeters? This is going to be amazing!

Posted : 12/12/2020 6:51 pm
Achim Ennenbach
(@achim)

Yes, just copying the files to that folder is no problem and should work flawlessly. But if you have 2 or more livery packs to sync, you will always overwrite the central "livery xml" file with the last to sync pack.

I'm currently thinking about a system, that kind of automatically creates this central "livery xml" from smaller "livery pack xml" files, that come with the livery pack.
But I'm not sure if the "Livery ID" must be unique within the XML or not.

Posted : 13/12/2020 10:55 pm
(@zerodann)
Topic starter

We have to keep the xml file named the same as the folder it resides in, which is OK. We have always only ever used 1 season at a time anyway, then resynced when we changed - so this is no problem. I am optimistic about this new system and anxiously await to use Simsync for our league drivers to download the files. 😎 

Posted : 13/12/2020 10:59 pm
Achim Ennenbach
(@achim)

Just released SimSync PRO 8.1 with support for Automobilista 2 (AMS2).

Posted : 30/12/2020 11:16 pm