Clear all

SimSync Locked to steamID's?

5 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
(@f1axion)
Topic starter

Hello,

there is any way to be able to lock the access to a SimSync's series to a list of steamID's?
I' m interested for Assetto Corsa espacially.

Thanks in advance!

Posted : 25/09/2019 11:43 pm
Achim Ennenbach
(@achim)
SimSync PRO Developer Admin

Hi, currently not. How should it look like? You would put a list of id's in the websync and the sync has to check if those are available at the clients computer and if not shouldn't sync?

Or what is the main idea behind this?

Posted : 26/09/2019 6:36 am
(@f1axion)
Topic starter

Maybe, a required login with a steam account (through steam's api), to be able to get access to the certain series, which it will be checked by a list of ids in websync. I know that there is the option for a password, but all we know that the passwords could be shared. It's just an idea.

Posted : 26/09/2019 10:29 am
Achim Ennenbach
(@achim)

Yes why not. It's an interesting idea. I'll check what would be the best way to implement. I already found the steamids of the users that use the steam client.

I'll check if there is an option that the user really has to verify his account by logging in. At least once.

Posted : 26/09/2019 12:25 pm
F1aXion reacted
Achim Ennenbach
(@achim)

@fiaxion A new version of WebSync and SimSync PRO Client has been released, that supports this new feature. Would be great if you could check and test it and give me some feedback.

Posted : 02/11/2019 12:59 pm