Clear all

Full resync?

10 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
(@bfisher)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

It appears simsync is forcing a full resync for all our members. Anybody know why? I sync'd last night (about 12 hours ago) - no issue. Now this morning, it's forcing a full resync of the entire database (almost 2 GB)

Posted : 28/04/2010 1:56 pm
(@bfisher)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Nevermind... user error :boah

I didn't catch that the time zone on the server pc was changed... forcing all the times to be different - forcing a full resync. (at least, that's my theory... my home race pc didn't get a full resync)

Posted : 28/04/2010 2:05 pm
Achim Ennenbach
(@achim)
SimSync PRO Developer Admin

Hi Bruce,

first try the following: Start the sync with the debug option. The commandline should look like this: simsyncpro.exe -debug

This will create a file "SimSyncPro_debug.log"
You don't need to do the full sync. Just cancel the sync after he starts to transfer the first file.

At the moment, my theory is the same than yours: a timezone issue. But i need this debug file to verify.

Posted : 28/04/2010 2:50 pm
(@bfisher)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Here you go. The server has been syncing for the last hour... and I restarted it after creating the logfile. simsyncpro_debug.rar

Posted : 28/04/2010 3:35 pm
Achim Ennenbach
(@achim)

OK. There's a difference of 1 hour between the file on the server and the one on your computer.
I've created a beta, which uses UTC-Time...

Please use this one and tell me if it's still the same. Please include the -debug option, so i can verify the differences.
On my computer i was able to switch the timezone without having to sync all files again with that version....

I may need to patch the server tool, too. But i need to see if there is an effect with this. simsyncpro2.3.10beta.zip

Posted : 28/04/2010 3:57 pm
(@bfisher)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

the beta wanted to force a full resync. It was about 75% completed (using the release version) so I stopped it, and reverted back to the release version to finish. simsyncpro_debug.log

Posted : 28/04/2010 4:03 pm
Achim Ennenbach
(@achim)

Well, it looks like a timezone issue...
I'm working on it to find a solution, that not everything has to be synced again ...

Posted : 28/04/2010 5:11 pm
(@bfisher)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thanks Achim - I agree, this is something that you'll need to fix long-term. Short-term, we're fine. Thanks!

Posted : 29/04/2010 2:27 am
Achim Ennenbach
(@achim)

Ok, i've worked a bit on this item and changing the timezone (incl. DST) causes the sync to reload everything, because the local time changes. The sync in it's current version (and the server module) unfortunatly uses the local time instead of Universal Time Coordinated (UTC).
Fixing that, is not the problem and has already been done for the next version, BUT once we switch league by league from local time to utc, the sync will do a full resync due to the changed filetimes.

We're working on a solution to speed up the syncing process especially for your drivers in the states. I'm quite confident to get this working within the next weeks.

Posted : 29/04/2010 3:42 pm
(@bfisher)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

good to hear - the US drivers would appreciate it!

Posted : 30/04/2010 11:18 pm