Any files/folders not supported?

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@bfisher)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Great solution!

We use rFactor, and the mod we use adds files in the UIData folder (customizes the user interface to add some additional measurements, etc).

I have included these files/folder in the FTP, but when I do a test sync - it does not seem to pull these over to the client.

Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks!
Bruce

Posted : 16/04/2010 4:07 pm
(@jopo)
Member Admin Registered

I've checked it and there is nothing wrong.
Also there are no folders that are not supportet.
It's also possible to create extrafolders to sync something extra, for example templates.

Please try to run the sync in debug-mode.
For this you need to make a link on your desktop and there please add the parameter -debug.
So for example
X:\Path to rfactor folder\SimSyncPro.exe -debug

After you run the sync there will be a file named SimSyncPRO_Debug.log in your folder, where the SimSync.exe is located. Please post this file in forum or send me or Achim by pm.

Posted : 16/04/2010 7:43 pm
(@allison)

I just tried the same thing - after i indexed the server - it appears to work at my end.
Superb tool 🙂

Posted : 16/04/2010 7:52 pm
Achim Ennenbach
(@achim)
SimSync PRO Developer Admin

No, there a no files or folders which are not supported.
I had a look on your datastructure and everything is looking fine.
I recreated the index and tried to sync. That sync is still running ... I will give you an feedback when it finished.
Not to recreate the index is an common mistake ... That's why i first index the series if i encounter any problems. 😉

On point you should mention: The sync does not create empty folders. There has to be at least a sub-folder or an empty file in this folder.
I saw that you created an empty structure /userdata/screenshots/ilms . This structure will not be synced to the clients computer.
Put an empty file (e.g. dummy.txt) into the ilms sub-folder and the structure will be synced ...;)

[edit]Uups ... to late ... 😀

Posted : 16/04/2010 7:54 pm
(@bfisher)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

thanks - yeah - chalk it up to new user error.

Good feedback on the empty folders... our mod does that for the screenshots and replays. Don't think it would matter - but easy enough to add the empty file.

Sorry for the false alarm 🙂

Posted : 16/04/2010 8:20 pm