Clear all

Simsync Server Issues???

51 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
112.4 K Views
(@jopo)
Member Admin Registered

@Ralle : Versuch es mal über http://www2.simsync.de/e107_plugins/wrap/wrap.php?1

@George : Please send me a log file to check this

Posted : 19/01/2012 11:45 pm
(@george_talbot)
Topic starter

Everyone with the RaceDepartment2 sync gets the no content message, if they click ok and go through the errors the sync will start.

This might be a bug.

I will send you the files tomorrow.

Posted : 20/01/2012 12:25 am
(@benne08)

Hi,
ich komme weder in den Websync rein, noch auf unseren Sync-FTP-Speicherplatz, noch läuft der Sync selbst vernünftig durch (gestern viele Fehlermeldungen, heute extrem langsam und dann auch erfolglos "Sync ist fehlgeschlagen! Während des Syncens ist ein Fehler aufgetreten: 1) Der angeforderte Name ist gültig, es wurden jedoch keine Daten des angeforderten Typs gefunden".

Probleme scheinen ja schon bekannt zu sein, wollt es trotzdem nochmal mitteilen 🙂

Posted : 20/01/2012 12:57 pm
Achim Ennenbach
(@achim)
SimSync PRO Developer Admin

Leider musste ich während des laufenden Betriebes ein paar Änderungen durchführen, die zeitweise zu Ausfällen, bzw. Verzögerungen geführt haben.
Den Hauptteil an Problemen hoffe ich mittlerweile beseitigt zu haben und es sollte nun wieder stabiler laufen.
Für die kommende Woche planen wir zur Zeit einen Umzug auf einen anderen Server und hoffen damit die (meiner Meinung nach) Hardware bedingten Ausfälle zu beseitigen.
Den Termin hierfür werden wir gesondert bekannt geben.

-------------

Unfortunatly, i had to make some modifications which have lead to some downtime.
The main problems should be solved (hopefully) and it should work be much more stable now.
We are planning to move to a new server during the next week and hope to eliminate the (in my opinion) hardware related "dropouts".
We will announce the date separatly.

Posted : 20/01/2012 2:29 pm
(@ralle)
Eminent Member

Auch bei mir wollen die Probleme nicht aufhören 🙁
Der Websync funktionierte zwar zeitweise wieder, aber eben kam ich gar nicht mehr auf die Website bzw. ins Forum.

Den Sync FTP Server erreiche ich seit gestern nur noch via IP Adresse, und das Sync Tool läuft aktuell bei mir nicht durch. Mittlerweile bekomme ich zwar wieder die Vorschau-Dateiliste angezeigt (war heute morgen nicht der Fall obwohl definitiv Datein zu syncen gewesen waren) aber sobald ich den Sync mit "OK" starte, bricht dieser nach einer Weile mit einer Fehlermeldung ab.

SimSync PRO v3.5.4 Log
Version: 6.5.4.0
Language: Deutsch (Deutschland)
.NET-Version: 2.0.50727.5448
Game: rFactor
Ini: SimSyncPro.ini
Start-Directory: D:\Games\rFactor Installationen\rFactor
Base-Directory: D:\Games\rFactor Installationen\rFactor
Log saved: 20.01.2012 15:31:56
====================================================
Starte SimSync PRO v3.5.4 ...
Startverzeichnis: D:\Games\rFactor Installationen\rFactor
Spiel gefunden: rFactor
---
Lade Serienliste ...
Lese Serienliste ...
Fertig!
---
Wählen Sie eine Serie um Ihre Installation zu synchronisieren und klicken Sie auf Start.
---
Starte Synchronisierung ...
Lade Datei-Index ...
Lade Liste der geschützten Dateien ...
Vergleiche das Lokale mit dem Remote Verzeichnis ...
Ermittle Dateigröße ...
Öffne Datenverbindung zu 'srv2.simsync.de' ...
Synchronisieren läuft ...
Starte Downloadthread 1 ...
Starte Downloadthread 2 ...
Starte Downloadthread 3 ...
Starte Downloadthread 4 ...
2) Verbindung fehlgeschlagen da bereits zu viele Verbindungen aktiv sind.
1) Verbindung fehlgeschlagen! Abbruch...
3) Verbindung fehlgeschlagen da bereits zu viele Verbindungen aktiv sind.
4) Verbindung fehlgeschlagen da bereits zu viele Verbindungen aktiv sind.
Sync ist fehlgeschlagen!
Während des Syncens ist ein Fehler aufgetreten: 1) Der angeforderte Name ist gültig, es wurden jedoch keine Daten des angeforderten Typs gefunden
Synchronisierung gestopped

Posted : 20/01/2012 4:37 pm
(@george_talbot)
Topic starter

Lots of people with both of my series are getting the no content message still.

What is going wrong?

It was all working fine until the recent server changes.

Posted : 20/01/2012 4:58 pm
(@ralle)
Eminent Member

@George: I could solve the "connection aborted" - issue by switching the sync tool to http transfer

"Options" -> "connection type" -> "HTTP"

Maybe this will help some of your guys.

Posted : 20/01/2012 5:23 pm
 ori
(@ori)

For scartseries.com it is not working either. Neither the websync, nor the filesync. If there's anything we can do to help fix it we gladly will.

Posted : 20/01/2012 6:02 pm
(@george_talbot)
Topic starter

@Ralle

We have tried that and it didnt work. We tried running as administrator and didnt work, we tried prefer main server and that did not work.

Running out of things to try, I think something is up with the server.

Posted : 20/01/2012 6:23 pm
(@schoelle)

Achim: Glaube irgendwie nicht an Serverprobleme. Eher das Routing von Eurem Provider.
Während Ralf nicht auf Eure Seite oder den Websync kommt, geht bei mir alles in normaler Geschwindigkeit. Zur gleichen Zeit.
Server, Websync, Indizieren, Syncen, alles prima bei mir.

Posted : 20/01/2012 6:27 pm
(@jopo)
Member Admin Registered

@George :
I've tried all 4 of your series several times now. No Problems.....
I used SimSync PRO V3.9 Alpa4 ( attached ) with settings FTP and unchecked "prefer mainserver"

@Ori : Websync for me is working. I've also tried to sync your series. Both are working. But i've seen that there was no ini-File in your folder, maybe this caused the problem. I've created one, downloaded it and also here i used the attached exe.

As Achim wrote, something strange seems to go on on our main server.
Maybe the actual machine ( i7-920 CPU, 8GB RAM, GBIT-Connection ) isn't strong enough to handle all the processes and queries running on it, maybe there is a hardware issue on it.
We're working on a complete new mainserver with more RAM, a bigger CPU and faster harddisks. At the moment we are transfering the files and databases from our existing Mainserver to the new one.
Sorry for the inconvidence, we're working as fast as we can to get the new Mainserver ready.

simsyncpro.zip

Posted : 20/01/2012 6:41 pm
(@george_talbot)
Topic starter

Ok then thats fine, it must be a user issue then.

Thanks for all your help guys.

Posted : 20/01/2012 6:51 pm
(@jopo)
Member Admin Registered

I don't think that this is a user issue. For this it happens to often at the moment.
Maybe schoelle's idea about a problem with the routing is the key.
I'm checking this at the moment.

Posted : 20/01/2012 7:13 pm
 ori
(@ori)

@Ori : Websync for me is working. I've also tried to sync your series. Both are working. But i've seen that there was no ini-File in your folder, maybe this caused the problem. I've created one, downloaded it and also here i used the attached exe.

As Achim wrote, something strange seems to go on on our main server.
Maybe the actual machine ( i7-920 CPU, 8GB RAM, GBIT-Connection ) isn't strong enough to handle all the processes and queries running on it, maybe there is a hardware issue on it.
We're working on a complete new mainserver with more RAM, a bigger CPU and faster harddisks. At the moment we are transfering the files and databases from our existing Mainserver to the new one.
Sorry for the inconvidence, we're working as fast as we can to get the new Mainserver ready.

simsyncpro.zip

Thanks a ton. The file and web sync now is working but the ftp access isn't 😀

However, in our case so far it would be only skins so by all means take ur time. We're cool. I'll keep ya updated.

Posted : 20/01/2012 8:32 pm
(@george_talbot)
Topic starter

Here is the forum at RD where everyone is having issues.

http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/rd-nordschleife-24-hours-2012-questions-answers.45895/page-6

Posted : 20/01/2012 8:58 pm
(@jopo)
Member Admin Registered

We're cool.

I wish to be half as cool as you at the moment 😀

It seems that schoelles tip was right.
We checked our nameservers and saw a misconfiguration on one of them.
Now it's fixed on this nameserver, but it will take a little time to become active for the www................

Posted : 20/01/2012 9:01 pm
(@jopo)
Member Admin Registered

Here is the forum at RD where everyone is having issues.

http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/rd-nordschleife-24-hours-2012-questions-answers.45895/page-6

I've made a posting to inform your drivers about the problem.
You can tell your drivers that the problem isn't on their machine.
It's definetly an issue with the simsync.de
We think that not all providers check all nameserver.
On one of our nameservers the records have been incomplete.
If the nameserver of your provider looks at this nameserver he can't find some things from simsync.de. Unfortuanelly we don't know how long it takes for the nameservers of the provider to recognize that we've added the missing sections.
But we are quite sure that this was the issue for the problems.

Posted : 20/01/2012 9:11 pm
(@ralle)
Eminent Member

Status Update:

Website - OK
Websync - OK
FTP Transfer - OK
Sync Tool - OK

So everything seems to run fine now. 🙂

Many thanks Jopo and Achim!!!

Posted : 20/01/2012 9:39 pm
(@george_talbot)
Topic starter

yup its all good now thanks guys.

However, everyone is now having to download all the files again for the series. Did the index files get lost?

Posted : 24/01/2012 8:28 pm
(@jopo)
Member Admin Registered

No, it was "only" a routing problem on our additional DNS - Server ( some entries were missing ). We didn't need to touch any single file on one of our servers.

Posted : 24/01/2012 9:35 pm
Page 2 / 3