Issue affecting some users

10 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@krisech)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hi,

I'm currently having a problem that affects several users when they are syncing an updated file (eg an rfactor veh file change). The file has the same name as one currently contained within simsync yet it does not seem to recognise the new file on syncing.

Hope this makes sense?

Posted : 02/05/2012 10:03 pm
Achim Ennenbach
(@achim)
SimSync PRO Developer Admin

Which file?
So you uploaded the new file and re-indexed the series?
And when syncing, this file will not be downloaded even if the local file isn't uptodate?

Posted : 02/05/2012 10:15 pm
(@krisech)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Which file?
So you uploaded the new file and re-indexed the series?
And when syncing, this file will not be downloaded even if the local file isn't uptodate?

That's coorrect. The series is re-indexed. The date of the file is updated on the sync but the properties are the same as the original file. It's quite wierd as it doesn't affect al users (mine is fine), and they assure me they have rFactor installed in their root directories and "correct" file formatting.

So far it's happened on DDS & (track) GDB files. I've just changed some HDV files today so I'll see if people have problems with that one.

Posted : 02/05/2012 11:20 pm
(@krisech)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

As a small update.... 4 people successfully synced changes to 2 HDV files and 1 GDB file change. 2 others were able to sync the HDV files but the GDB update did not work. These 2 were the same who had the initial problem.

The strange thing is that it updates the date/time stamd but not the file contents? ? ? ?

Posted : 03/05/2012 12:44 pm
Achim Ennenbach
(@achim)

They should force the sync to use the master server by setting the option "Force Master server" in the options menu.
If this is working, it looks like that the 2 servers are "our of sync"... So please tell me if this is working or not ...

Posted : 03/05/2012 1:13 pm
(@mattleon144)

this is the same for me

when I update a carskin and index, the file does not update when you download it, But if you open the file in a ftp client the file is updated? so why is the update not being downloaded but its just re downloading the file i just updated?

Posted : 03/06/2012 5:28 pm
(@kikoni)
Honorable Member

Just not use the Beta version, and use the Stable version like this : https://www.simsync.de/download.php?view.227

and all will be ok for your users 😉

Posted : 03/06/2012 5:32 pm
Achim Ennenbach
(@achim)

@mattleon144: Can you confirm that the error is gone with the v3.5.4?

Posted : 04/06/2012 8:36 am
(@krisech)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

They should force the sync to use the master server by setting the option "Force Master server" in the options menu.
If this is working, it looks like that the 2 servers are "our of sync"... So please tell me if this is working or not ...

Well I worked out it was my silly fault... apologies for causing some concern! As it turned out I had the 2 files in different "sync's" so effectively when both of these were synced togather the system got confused as to which file to update. A simple mistake that I won't repeat again.

Thx - Nick

Posted : 05/06/2012 12:46 am
Achim Ennenbach
(@achim)

No Problem, Nick. Thanks a lot for posting! :top

Posted : 05/06/2012 9:10 am